Minutes – September 2015

PARTNERSHIP FOR FLOYD

MONTHLY MEETING

September 21, 2015

Vice-President Mike Maslaney presided and called the meeting to order. A quorum was attained.

Present were: Michael Maslaney , Jane Cundiff, Ellie Roe, Ralph Roe, John Hopkins, Jack Wall, Daniel Hansen, Karin Grosshans, Tracy Diaz, and Dede McGrath.

Minutes: The minutes of July 20, 2015, were approved as amended. The following was added to Bike Trails, after: “…trails research in Floyd (email attached)…,” add “Barbara took the book of trail information for review.”

Treasurer’s Reports:

General Fund: Treasurer Karin Grosshans reported the General Fund balance is $6654.05. A check was written to Wills Ridge for the trail supplies ($177.38); leaving a balance in the Trails fund of $120.21. Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference.

County Professional Support Fund: Treasurer Karin Grosshans reported there was no activity in the County Professional Support Fund; the account balance remains at $47.50. Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference.

Old Business:

Park Trail: Mike reported that it looked like the Town was going with Option 4 (purchasing property) to try to alleviate the pedestrian issue on Old Hensley Rd with regard to the new trail. The additional property would also give us more park space for parking, a picnic pavilion, to expand the trail along the creek, etc. Coordination of the purchase has been turned over to the Town.

Mike, Jane, and Ralph walked the trail from the Burris property to the Library. It looks like there may not be a need for steps from the Burris to Blake properties. The grading of the trail lessened the slope there; additionally, step would preclude the use of vehicles from maintenance. It was decided to observe the trail for a season to see if there are any issues with drainage, etc. There is enough width that some steps could be put in to the side of the trail. Jane suggested placing logs on the trail for playing on, sitting on, working out on, etc.

We are still holding of signage for now.

School Trail: John reported that he was able to track down Bill Shelor regarding the property for the proposed School trail. He has set up an appointment to meet with Bill in October.

Bike Trail: Ralph reported that he invited Paul Sullivan to the meeting, but did not hear back from him. Nancy Bell is also working on a trail from Jacksonville Center to Old Hensley Rd, behind the Jacksonville Cemetery. She is also working on getting a cross-walk over Rt 8 between June Bug and Jax.

Park Planning Committee Report: Ellie reported that she was still unable to contact Steve regarding the tractor project; Jane will try to contact him. It was decided to ask the Town if we could just place some logs in the park for now; old locust logs would work the best. Mike indicated that he would ask the Town at the next Town Council meeting.

Jack reported that Laurie Kaluska, Healthy Communities Group, was applying for a grant to build a playground in the park. He indicated the Library was asked for a Letter of Support.

Ellie reported that BMS definitely wanted to finish the Spin Pole.

Sun Sails: Mike reported that had done some more research on the Sun Sails. Larger sails would need to designed/engineered before an estimate could be made; the design fee is $400-$600. He indicated we would need a sail approximately 50x50x50 to attach to the main stage, DogTown, and the bathrooms. It would need to be easy to put up/take down. After some discussion, it was decided to have Mike call the company for more information.

New Business:

Earth Day 2016: A discussion was held regarding the date for the 2016 EarthDay festival. Apr 30 or May 7 were proposed. Ellie will contact Barbara and Randall; Jane will check schedules.

Announcements:

None

Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting will be Monday, October 19, 2015, at 6:30 pm at Wall Residences.

Respectfully submitted,
Dede McGrath
Recording Secretary

Advertisements