Minutes – November 2016

PARTNERSHIP FOR FLOYD

MONTHLY MEETING

November 14, 2016

President Anne Pendrak presided and called the meeting to order.  A quorum was attained.

Present were:  Barbara Pleasant, Michael Maslaney, David Larsen, Jane Cundiff, Kamala Bauers, Christina Di Evo, Ellie Roe, Randall Wells, Jack Wall, Alan Graf, Anne Pendrak, Karin Grosshans, and Dede McGrath.

Minutes:  The minutes of October 17, 2016, were approved as amended.  Park report first sentence add, “held by the Town” after public meeting.  Rec Trail report, para 2, change Gary Church to Gary Crouch.

Treasurers’ Reports:

General Fund:  Treasurer Karin Grosshans reported the balance for the General Fund is $6853.73; there was no activity since the last report; remaining trail funds are $120.21.  Karin reported we receive $236 from the County Fair for our booth.  Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference.

Old Business:

Park Report:  None.

Dodd’s Creek Trail Report:  Mike Maslaney reported that the Rec Authority is happy with PFF taking the lead on the trail.  A written agreement is needed; maintenance is the biggest issue; some trustee help is available.  PFF feels that we should not be responsible for the trail forever; eventually it should revert to the Rec Authority.  An escrow account can be set up to cover maintenance costs.  A survey needs to be completed for easement with David Larsen.

A motion was made, seconded, and approved to spend up to $2000 for a survey of the Dodd’s Creek Trail.  Mike will coordinate the survey.  The Rec Authority’s land and David Larsen’s land already have recorded surveys.

A motion was made, seconded, and approved to spend up to $500 for the legal work of the easement; work to be done by Jim Shortt.

Some work has started on the trail; it has been bladed out; removed some tree, rocks, stumps; Rec Authority is seeding; Jeff Walker is will to help with water management; Mike will contact John H. to see if he will apply for a forestry grant for us; Mike will check with the Town to see if they want to participate in this project.

A draft of the Letter of Understanding was presented.  Some were made, but there were areas that still needed further research.  Barbara proposed that the LOU be emailed to the board and changes made and approved electronically to save time.

Sustain Floyd Film Series:  No new information.

New Business:

Health Fair:  Jane made a proposal to replace the Earth Day Festival with a Health Fair.  The Fair would bring together local practitioners, healers, business owner, vendors, and other people from all walks of the health and wellness industries.  A discussion was held and the proposal was accepted.  It was decided that: the high school would be the best venue; to hold it possibly mid-March or April; to partner with Pat Sharkey and other Floyd Healers; to form a planning committee; Jane will coordinate.

First Amendment Celebration:  Alan Graf presented PFF with a proposal for a First Amendment Celebration.  This would be an educational event involving the local schools, attorneys, and general public.  A discussion was held and PFF agreed to help plan and work the Celebration.  A committee was formed with Kamala, Dede, and Randall; Alan Graf to chair.  A separate meeting will be held by the committee and other local people who would like to participate; time/date to be announced.

Christmas Parade Float:  Jane presented a proposal for PFF to participate in the upcoming 2016 Floyd Christmas Parade.  She volunteered her truck.  It was decided to enter the parade.  Jane will send out information on decorating date/time and parade date/time.

Annual Meeting and Board/Officer Elections:  Dede reminded members that January is our annual meeting with board and officer elections.  She sent out an email prior to the meeting with board term information.  We have 2 seats available on the board and 4 board members whose terms are expiring and are up for re-election; a new Treasurer is needed.  Additionally, Dede reminded the board that the SCC Annual report and fees will be due in January.

Announcements:

None.

Meeting was adjourned.  Next meeting will be Monday, January 16, 2017, at 6:30 pm at Wall Residences.  There is no meeting in December.

Respectfully submitted,
Dede McGrath
Recording Secretary

Advertisements