Minutes – May 2016

PARTNERSHIP FOR FLOYD

MONTHLY MEETING

May 16, 2016

President Anne Pendrak presided and called the meeting to order. A quorum was attained.

Present were: Anne Pendrak, Barbara Pleasant, Karin Grosshans, Jane Cundiff, Ellie Roe, Ralph Roe, Liz Warriner, John Hopkins, and Dede McGrath.

Minutes: The minutes of April 18, 2016, were approved as written.

Treasurers’ Reports:

Treasurer Karin Grosshans reported the balance for the General Fund is $7144.05. A $1000 donation was received and deposited; $120.21 remains of the funds dedicated for trails. Karin reported that we have been receiving a dormant account fee for the County Professional Fund Account. The account balance reported in her report in incorrect; it should be $27.50 ($47.50 – $20 fees). She will research to see if we can get some of the fees returned as PFF made a deposit some months ago; she will check to see exactly when. In the mean time, Karin suggested closing the Professional Fund account and combine it with the General Fund and keeping the funds separate similar to the trails funds.

A motion was made, seconded, and approved to close the County Professional Fund account and transfer the money into the General Fund account, but keep as a separate fund. Karin will take care of the transfer and closing.

Karin also reported that the PO Box renewal fee was due, but that PFF did not pay in time so she had to re-open the PO Box; fees also went up this year.

Lastly, Karin reported that she had filed taxes for 2016. Her report is attached and incorporated by reference.

Old Business:

Park Planning Committee Report: It was reported that the Town Park Planning Committee will be meeting the week of 23 May; Mike and Barbara will attend.

Sign Letter: Ellie reported that she was able to locate letters for the Wills Ridge sign. They are $106.50 per set of 300 letter (8”) plus shipping/tax/handing. A motion was made, seconded, and approved to purchase one set of letter, said purchase not to exceed $200.

County Fair: The Floyd County Fair (Sept 17th) was discussed. It was felt that PFF should have a presence at the fair in support of the fair. Several suggestions were made of possible activities including an Up-Cycle craft table, garden hats, etc. It was felt that PFF members would need some means of being recognized. T-shirts, vests, aprons, and badges were discussed.

Community Center: Jack will try to talk with Dustin H. regarding plans for a community center for Floyd.

Earth Day: A discussion was held regarding PFF’s Earth Day event. It was canceled in 2016 so that PFF could participate in a Lineberry Park cleaning and working day event that did not happen. The board agreed that PFF should continue to have an Earth Day event. It was suggested to try to coordinate event dates with Project Floyd. It was agreed to research possible dates; April 22th, April 29th, or May 6th are possible dates. Ellie will check with Project Floyd; Barbara will check with Maggie regarding Eco-Village availability.

New Business:

Sustain Floyd Film Series: Barbara reported that Sustain Floyd would like to find more films for their film series. They are also looking for organization to sponsor film showing; it is approximately $150 to sponsor a film. They are asking people to be on the lookout for films (1:15 hour or less). It was suggested to try to get the Wendal Berry Documentary “the Seer”.

Floyd 4th of July Celebration: A motion was made, seconded, and approved to donate $100 to the Merchants and Business Association for the 4th of July Celebration fireworks.

Library Walking Club: John reported that the Library has started a walking club. The club is open to all ages (adults and children), families especially welcome. They will be walking once a month. They will be starting Thursday, May 19th, from 3:30 – 4:30 pm; meet at the Library.

Announcements:

Farmers Market and Artisans Market: Opened this month. Artisans’ Market will be on Friday evenings from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm, and the Farmers’ Market will be Saturdays.

Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting will be Monday, June 20, 2016, at 6:30 pm at Wall Residences.

Respectfully submitted,
Dede McGrath
Recording Secretary

Advertisements