Minutes – November 2015

PARTNERSHIP FOR FLOYD

MONTHLY MEETING

November 16, 2015

President Anne Pendrak presided and called the meeting to order. A quorum was attained.

Present were: Jane Cundiff, Michael Maslaney , Barbara Pleasant, Ralph Roe, Eillie Roe, Anne Pendrak, Karin Grosshans, Kamala Bauer, Linda Fallon, Jeff Liverman, Jack Wall, Michael Kovik, and Dede McGrath.

Minutes: The minutes of October 19, 2015, were unavailable. Approval was tabled for the next meeting.

Treasurer’s Reports:

Treasurer Karin Grosshans reported that there had been no activity in either the General Fund or County Professional Support Fund accounts; balances remain the same at $6654.05 and $47.50 respectively. There is still $120.21 left in the Trails account. Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference .

Old Business:

Park Planning Committee Report: Mike reported that John Lewis had finished the preliminary plate and that it had been given to the Burris to get an appraisal of the 2.6 acres.

Discussion was held regarding the park, how to get people to use, what we want in the park, etc. Jane passed out a paper with some of the original suggestions complied from the original group of churrettes held back in 2007 (attached). Suggestions included more seating/picnic areas, lighting, interactive play things, festivals, exercise courses and pathways, etc. It was agreed that any element in the park must be durable, easy-care, safe, beautiful , useful , and educational, in keeping with Floyd and it culture/atmosphere especially incorporating music and play.

Jane introduced several guests: Linda Fallon, Jeff Liverman, and Mike Kovak, and gave a brief history of the park and the trail. Jeff Liverman (Jacksonville Center) introduced a proposal for a community art project in which artist would create and display large sculptures outside a place of business; the businesses would pay to be a place to have the art displayed. They would like PFF to partner with them. Mike Kovak volunteered to help with creating a musical play element in the park.

Mike indicated that an appreciation sign was needed for the Trail. It was decided that the sign should be mounted on the Library side. Ellie brought up concerns of parking problems at the Library with trail users; they are not to park at the library. PFF will have to monitor parking to see if this is becoming a problem . Mike will send the sign information to Jane.

New Business:

Elections and Annual Meeting: Dede reminded members that January was our Annual meeting and elections of officers and directors. The following directors’ terms are ending: Barbara Pleasant, Marjory Wells, Ellie Roe, and Ralph We have 1 open seat. The following people have agreed to serve as officer: Anne Pendrak – President, Mike Maslaney – VP, Dede McGrath – Recording Secretary, Jane Cundiff – Communications Secretary, Karin Grosshans – Treasurer.

Announcements:

None

Meeting was adjourned . Next meeting will be Monday, January 18, 2015, at 6:30 pm at Wall Residences. There is no meeting in December.

Respectfully submitted,
Dede McGrath
Recording Secretary

Advertisements