Minutes – June 2015

PARTNERSHIP FOR FLOYD

MONTHLY MEETING

June 15, 2015

President Anne Pendrak presided and called the meeting to order. A quorum was attained.

Present were: Ralph Roe, Ellie Roe, Jane Cundiff, Anne Pendrak, Kamala Bauers, Michael Maslaney, and Dede McGrath.

Minutes: The minutes of May 18, 2015, were approved as amended. The motion to pay the Earthday speaker was inadvertently left out. The following will be added to the May minutes under “EarthDay”; “Barbara reported that the speaker, Jeanine, waived her fee, however asked for mileage. A motion was made, seconded, and approved to pay Jeanine $275 for her mileage.”

Treasurers’ Reports:

General Fund: Kamala presented the Treasurer’s report for Karin. The General fund has and account balance of $6931.43; The Trails fund has a balance of $297.59 remaining after payment for 2nd survey. More Earthday expenses/requests for reimbursement have come in, and with the payment to Jeanine Davis, PFF had a negative balance of -$190 on the EarthDay Festival. Additionally, there is still a bill for the use of the Eco-Village of $300 still outstanding. Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference.

County Professional Support Fund: Kamala presented the Treasurer’s report for Karin. The County Prof. Support Fund has an account balance of $47.50; there was no activity in this account. Karin’s report is attached and incorporated by reference.

Old Business:

Trails: Mike reported that the Town made inquiries about trail cover and indicated that Blacksburg used stone dust, which packs well and will not wash away. Mike indicated that there are areas of the trail that may need steps and suggested using the logs from the trees that were removed to construct the steps. Mike presented the Town with a drawing of a simple bridge with hand rails. Mike recommended building the bridge on site and imbedding it. He also reported that Joe from Wills Ridge was will to donate some supplies.

Mike further reported that Dennis was planning to do some work on the trail on June 16th; Ralph will take pictures; Mike will send an email update after Dennis is finished on what is left to do on the trail.

Park Planning Committee Report: Jane reported that there are day lilies to be planted in the park, but that PFF needs to inform the Town so that they will not be mowed. There will be a plaque with them. It was suggested that maybe we need to build planters and plant other perennials with them. Jane reported there was no new information on the BMS Spin Pole project; no new information from Steve Arthur on the tractor project. Mike reported the Town had installed the new replacement sign.

PFF Website: Dede will try to scan the photo albums for Kamala.

New Business:

4th of July Festival: Dede reported that the Merchant’s Association is having issues with funding the fireworks for the 4th of July Festival this year due to the Floyd County High School not allowing them to use the ball fields. They will not be able to charge admission; the admission helped with the costs of the fireworks. Merchant’s Association is looking for donations to help with the fireworks. A motion was made, seconded, and approved to donate $100 to the Merchant’s Association for the 4th of July Fireworks.

10th Anniversary Party: Kamala reported that the 10th anniversary of PFF is coming up and suggested that we have a potluck dinner (BYOB) to celebrate. Planning will follow.

Announcements:

Farm Day: June 17th at the Eco-Village from 10 am – 5 pm, as part of the State of Virginia Crooked Road events. Jack is looking for ideas for activities.

Meeting was adjourned. Next meeting will be Monday, July 20, 2015, at 6:30 pm at Wall Residences.

Respectfully submitted,
Dede McGrath
Recording Secretary

Advertisements