As part of the Floyd County Health and Wellness Fair this year, Preserve Floyd is sponsoring a Young People’s Art Contest on the theme of One Earth, One People, One Health: What does a healthy, balanced web of life look like to you?
We are all connected and interconnected–our health, our world, and our people. We create the world we want to live in by working together. A healthy natural environment is essential for our emotions, personal health, and social wellbeing. This web of life includes our bodies, our hearts, our minds, and our planet. Our health depends on the health of the beautiful, diverse web of life that sustains us.
Here are the contest details. There are three age groups with three prizes for each group:
- Elementary School (grades 1-4)
- Middle School (grades 5-8)
- High School (grades 9-12)
Three prizes will be awarded to each age group:
- First Prize: $30 and a Preserve Floyd t-shirt and sticker
- Second Prize: $15 and a Preserve Floyd t-shirt and sticker
- Third Prize: a Preserve Floyd t-shirt and sticker
In addition, the winning entries may be displayed at the Health and Wellness Fair.
Tips and Guidelines for Entrants
- Set your imagination free! Explore as many different means of visual and textured expression as you can imagine–paint, pencil, crayon, collage, papier-mâché, etc. Feel free to use things from the natural world in your art–leaves, moss, lichen, bark, etc.
- Make artwork no larger than 18 inches.
- Be sure it is easy to display on a wall with tape; all pieces have to be hung without nails or pins.
- Give your art a snazzy title!
- Include your name, age, and a brief description of who you are.
- Please feel free to create art that can be touched, felt and explored, as well as seen!
- If art includes breakable things, please cushion it or place it into a bag to protect it.
- Submit artwork by March 20, 2018: Drop submissions and the completed Parental Permission Form (see below) at the June Bug Center (251 Parkway Lane South, phone 540- 745-6550) between 9 am – 4 pm Monday through Friday.
For more information, contact
- Jayn Avery at 540-745-3316 or email@example.com
- Caleb Johnson at 540-835-0082 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mara Robbins at 540-808-8357 or email@example.com